Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trailer/ shop (Read 14724 times)
Apr 12th, 2012 at 3:08pm

Richard G   Offline
GWT Junior Turner
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Kalispell

Hey, has anyone in the group ever set up a cargo trailer as a shop? since I spend a lot of time in the field I'm thinking of finding a cargo trailer and doing just that. If you have, or have ideas that you think would make it work better, please post a reply and let me know.

Richard

Richard W Galloway
Historic Archaeologist
Woodworkings of Montana
IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2012 at 6:07am

Brian Weaver   Offline
GWT Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I have given this a bit of thought for the club. I don't think it would take a lot depending on how fancy you want to get. If you only want to turn when the weather is nice it wouldn't even take a very big trailer. If you enclosed it so that the height of it was just right to set your lathe on yet still put the lathe inside you wouldn't even need a bench. A generator wouldn't be much bigger than the lathe and you would still have plenty of room for tools. If you prepared blanks before you left on your trip you would be set.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2012 at 9:28am

Richard G   Offline
GWT Junior Turner
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Kalispell

That's what I was thinking, a bench for the Jet mini, the generator, a small air compressor for sanding, and perhaps a shop vac for cleanup. I am thinking the 7' tall would be better than a 6' so that there is room for lights overhead. And this would be for use while I was on jobs out of town, all of which happen in spring to fall, so heat should not be too much of an issue.
Now just to find one that fits my nearly nonexistent budget. Cheesy Sad

Richard W Galloway
Historic Archaeologist
Woodworkings of Montana
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print